Monday, September 29, 2008

What a weekend.

I saw around 5 castles. I had a night of a fondue dinner, which was spent mostly playing games with our associate director's 9 and a half year old son, François.

I am still tired from running around. Also, I had more metro problems today. There was an accident between Charles de Gaulle-Etoile and Denfert-Rochereau (I had just missed the train and had waited 10 minutes to hear the announcement that there had been an accident. I'm glad that I hadn't gotten on that train). It took me an hour and a half to walk to the closest metro station not on the line 6 and get to Reid Hall to celebrate Rosh Hashanah. It was really cute and nice. Alix put it all together, and I could tell she was a little stressed out but really happy for having planned everything out.

We had apples and honey for a sweet new year. Then, I ran to the metro to get all the way up to Porte de Clignancourt to register for my Spanish class. They asked me if I was an Erasmus student, and I still don't know if I will be treated like those other international students. In any case, I signed up like a regular old Sorbonne student, which apparently means that I've got one big general class and FOUR other sessions per week. Just for my Spanish class! I'm not sure if that's right, so I'm going to send an e-mail to P. Bloom. Hopefully he'll know what to do. Also, he likes me, so he'll call the Sorbonne for me to sort things out.

I wound up missing my first class of France and Europe, but I know a girl in the class. Hopefully, it won't be a problem that I missed class to sign up for my Spanish class. I e-mailed the teacher last night. I never know what French teachers want to hear. Well, except for nothing, which is why it's always weird to send apologetic e-mails for missing class.

In any case, my first real live class is tomorrow, and that's just Phonetics. It's basically a continuation of our orientation session of learning how to pronounce words properly. I find it amusing to think of the people that didn't wind up taking the course. You can always use practice! I know I don't think that I'm above wanting to sound like a French person. I'm definitely not even close.

Today:
- Nap
- E-mail P.B.
- Get pictures taken in the metro for my carte de séjour
- Buy a guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment