Friday, September 19, 2008

C'est la fête!!!!

What what!!!!

So after the craziest night ever of very little sleep, I got to school to bang out my last French History and last Oral Communication classes. I was really worried that I was going to have to peace out early to go to the Sorbonne for a placement test for Spanish. Luckily, I talked to our director and he was all, Oh don't worry about it, we're American universities, we just walk in like we own the place and you can take absolutely any course you want.

After classes, a few of us went to get sushi. Which was SO NICE.

Also, Alix commented that I have a Mona Lisa-esque beauty. In my sleepy stupor, I was quite taken with her comment.

We got back to take our history test, which was actually harder than I thought it would be, in that I actually had to think to respond to the questions. I put on my MP3 player while I was doing the test, because I kept zoning out. "Don't Stop Believing" pushed me through the last leg of the test, which was helpful.


And now tonight, we're going to get Indian food in the 10eme arrondissement, and then prendre un verre ensemble. I am QUITE excited! I haven't really fêtéd since I've been here.

Also also, French and English are really mixing in my brain and speaking is flat out HARD. I feel bad for my family, but I still get self-conscious when I get the "Huh?" face from the second I start talking. Being sleepy and punchy is helping because I cancel out their confusion with my enthusiasm. It worked today!


Right so shower, write down directions, figure out outfit, PARTY TIMEEEEEE OH I love the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of the Mona Lisa, you realize that you can actually SEE the original now that you're in Paris, right? Once you find time to visit the Louvre... just be careful of the Asian tourists, 'cuz they tend to mob the area right in front of it.

    Glad to hear that you're still functioning on such little sleep.

    ReplyDelete