Sunday, September 7, 2008

La procrastination.

I have done abolutely everything that was assigned to me, except for this little bitty 2-3 page paper. I can do it! I know exactly what I want to write. I'm just... boycotting the French language for awhile. It feels good to just NOT think in French. It hurts my brain.

I promised a picture post! Here it is!


Sunrise in London! That's the plane's wing, from my seat.



There was a little map on my airport TV! It told us our altitude and distance from our arrival destination. This is why I didn't sleep for the last 2 hours of the flight.



That's the first dog I saw upon my arrival in Paris, from the bus. C'est Maggie! I miss her so.



We're literally a five minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe.



This is Reid Hall. This is where I have my Smithie classes. They have a garden. It is pretty. And OLD.



Baguette for lunch! We eat outside in the Smith garden area when it's nice out.



Yes, that would be the Eiffel Tower. From my seat on the metro.

I forgot to tell you! I saw the Eiffel Tower do its Sparkle Show (I'm sure it's not called that) last night on my way home from restaurant times! The whole tower lights up with sparkly lights for a couple minutes on the hour. And then, I saw it completely dark. It was weird that it shut off that early. This is sort of what it looks like!


Not the same without the sparkly part, though.


FUN FACT: I answered a question in my history class on Friday. It was in reference to The Dark Knight. By which I mean, "The French Revolution". We were talking about why the French would call revolutions "le Grand Soir", or "the big night". People were confused, because they thought that night=darkness, and why wouldn't it be "the big morning" or something?

I didn't know how to say "the night is darkest just before the dawn", but you know I tried. I can't believe that no one else got that reference in the class.

It's almost dinner time! I'm going to bang out an essay in the next 15 minutes.


Dinner time now! Essay later!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having your share of problems on the Metro. You'll have it down to a science in no time. The pictures are great and your Paris family sounds wonderful. Dina and Nicky say Hi and hope you're having some fun.
    The pictures are great. We love and miss you..
    Love Chuchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures, especially the Eiffel Tower. Paris is so beautiful!! I'm so glad you're happy there but we still miss you awful.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete