Monday, September 8, 2008

Update!

It is freezing in my room!





Today:
Had history class in the morning, then oral communication class. Lunch was excellent! I had a "tarte", which was really a quiche, made of goat cheese and spinach. We also found a gelato place with THE best chocolate-type gelato I've ever had. It was called something like "inimitabile", which I'm guessing means "inimitable" in Italian.

Observations:
- It's hard to speak Italian with a French accent.
- French is taking a toll on my English spelling. I had to spell "italien" thrice before I settled on "Italian".
- I much prefer hanging out after class and walking around with Abby and Hannah to coming home and taking a nap. Even though I just took a nap now. It was after funtimes!
- I'm trying really hard to accept the fact that people are going to know that I'm American. Or at least that I speak English. Usually, I'm trying really hard! I think our phonetics class will help with my pronunciation. *fingers crossed*
- I don't smell anything for dinner. I hope it is soon.


Dinner last night consisted of a really good salad with tomatoes and olives in it (I ate one! Though it only proved my previous stance: olives are yucky), hard-boiled eggs, cold tuna, and more cheese! This time, more Brie, the thing that looks like Swiss but isn't, and something named after a Saint. I learned how to cut cheese (ha ha) yesterday, since I made a faux pas when first trying to cut it. There's an actual method to cutting delicious hunks of cheese!

My goals for tonight:
- Read up on French and American politics (it's ALL the French talk about!)
- Re-read all of my notes from school about French things to say.
- Go to movies with Abby and Hannah


Dinner time soon, but Skype with mom first! Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment