Sunday, September 21, 2008

Paris is so alive!

And yet I am here, doing nothing. It feels kind of nice to be home and just chilling, but I really would've preferred going to the Marais tonight. I was all ready to go, when I checked with my friend to see what time we'd meet up, and she said that she didn't feel like going anymore.

It would've been SO much better if I could've gotten out of the house. After 2 hours of half-hearted deliberation, I knew I wouldn't go out alone. Bad idea to go out alone, obviously, but I feel like it would've been a much better night if I had.

For now, I'm watching Wall-E and contemplating a gouter (snack). Which is also nice. However, I'm still all spiffed up and nowhere to go. I'm going to sleep in my shirt and skirt out of spite.

Today was nice otherwise. I woke up at around noon and texted Alix, since we were supposed to go to a "puce" (literally translates to "flea" and means "flea market"). She called me, all excited, and told me that I should feel left out because she was having so much fun.

I wound up going out with Hannah, Rachel H., and Maddie R. We started at a puce in the 13eme arrondissement, around Chinatown. They bought some jewelry, and I kept my eyes peeled for a really old guitar. No such luck.

Then, we walked to the Place d'Italie metro stop to head over to Angelina. It is a gorgeous patisserie with the world's best hot chocolate. I wound up getting a chocolate eclair type thing and a hot chocolate. Mmmm.

We walked around the Tuileries for awhile and enjoyed the nice weather. We whistled at attractive people from the park and tried to make plans for later.

Unfortunately, everyone was kind of beat. I'm always ready to party, but it seems like people have been more and more worn out lately.

Hopefully I can get something together for tomorrow. Maybe we can all get together to go to Bar Dix again (we never made it into Chez Georges last night).

Alright, I'm going to fix myself up a gouter and hit the hay! Bah hah ha.

Good night, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment