Saturday, September 6, 2008

Le festin est sur mon chemin.

Attention! New banner! I made it! It is not very good. I wish I knew more HTML.

The first picture is from my host sister. She made it for me. It says "Bienvenue", which means "Welcome".


This weekend has been awesome. Yesterday, for Abby's birthday, Hannah and I went over to her host mother's apartment to have dinner with her and fêter (celebrate). It was wonderful. We drank champagne and talked about everything, and it was absolutely adorable. Afterward, we walked to the cinéma next to Hannah's apartment and saw "Metropolis". It was very interesting. Also, trippy. I can't even explain it. I don't have the willpower. But it was fun to watch and very neat to experience my first film in France being silent and from Germany.

I will post pictures. My next post will be all pictures, I think.


Today, Abby, Hannah, Rachel, Rebecca, and I walked from Reid Hall to Ile St Louis and all around. It was gorgeous. I just had some problems getting to Reid because the metro stopped before my stop. There was some problem at the Montparnasse stop, so I had to take an hour trip through 3 lines. It was crazy. I was quite impressed at my finesse and ability to not get lost!

We strolled around looking for this really good ice cream place called "Bertillon", but they had an ENORMOUS line. We went to the one next to it. I had nougat ice cream. SO GOOD.

And now I'm off to find a club in this town! Good night, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment