Tuesday, September 16, 2008

J'ai toujours besoin d'une sieste.

Bonjour, tout le monde! I am at Reid hall, waiting for our excursion to the Senate.

Whoaz! A girl named Sarah just came into the computer room. She just said that she was a student that studied here two years ago, and now she's working as an English teacher here! AND she had the same family that I have now! Exciting!

So my weekend was WICKED awesome. Friday, I just chilled.. I think. The days are all kind of mushing together. That was the night we saw A bout de souffle. Then Saturday, I chilled most of the day, until nighttime when Rebecca, Hannah, Abby, and I went out to dinner. I had a thin crepe filled with cheese, mushrooms, and tomatoes. It was like a pizza. Friggin awesome.

Afterward, we went to see the Eiffel Tower. Hannah NEEDED a street waffle, and I wound up getting a chocolate ice cream cone. We sat by the Seine to wait for the Eiffel Tower to do the sparkle shiny show. It was astonishing, as usual. While it was sparkling, we walked under it to see what it looked like from underneath. I felt like I could get an epileptic seizure from looking at the light patterns zoom by all around us.

Then, we stayed to watch four breakdancers do their thing. They were pretty awesome.

Sunday, we tried to visit Versailles. It took two hours to get there, whereas it would've taken a half hour, if we had taken the right trains. Paris transportation is still a mystery to me. Then, when we tried to get into the castle, we saw that there was a long line just to get in. We wound up just picnicking outside of the castle and people-watching, which was also very nice.

We didn't get to go into the gardens by the castle either, since we had to pay to get in (though we later found out that there are free entrances all around). Instead, we walked to a nearby park. It was GORGEOUS. We had a photo shoot and took a sieste on the grass.


I had my first ultimate experience, which was crazy. It took about an hour to get to the practice space, and when I got there, there were only two other guys there. They said that their coach wasn't there yet, so they weren't sure what to do. Luckily, I was the only one who brought a disc, so we threw around for awhile and ran some drills. I even taught them a go-to drill that they didn't know! Tonight, I think Aarin is going to come with me to practice. This is the real deal. Hubert said that there'd be about 50 of us tonight. I'm kind of nervous, since practice starts at 8:30, and I eat at 8. I feel bad about leaving my family hanging, but hopefully they'll understand.

I'm going to retire for a couple minutes in these wonderful chairs and take a quick nap before heading out for a tour of the Senate. J'espère que tout va bien, mes amis!


OH and I got mail today and that makes me really happy, so it should keep happening, okay?

2 comments:

  1. But I don't know your address there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a street waffle??????

    -Ben in Italy

    ReplyDelete