Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Holy Jesus.

I JUST got back from frisbee practice.

That's right. It is MIDNIGHT.

IT WAS SO FUCKING GOOD OMG I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS YEAR!



I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START.


THE BEGINNING. Okay. So I got back from the park with Hannah and Aarin at around 6:00. I got dressed, talked to my mom, got ready, and left an hour later. Before I left, I filled two water bottles, packed an apple, ate two little Mirabelles, and let my host mom coax me into bringing a sandwich that I'm pretty sure she bought for her real daughter. I got to practice EXACTLY at 8:30, when it started. I threw around with Hubert, the guy that I met yesterday. We ran SO GODDAMN MUCH. We ran around the track for the first 20 minutes, stretched, and then did running drills for the next half hour. Then, throwing practice with pairs of newbies/oldbies. I threw with a certain Mr. Benoit, who was surfer dude-esque and helped me with my throws. Then, we split off into groups based on skill level. I went into the newbie pile, since I didn't know where I fit. I met Marie, who lives by Gare du Nord like everyone else, Geraldine, Kellie, Lindsey, and KRISTIN???? Who played with Amherst??? What are the fucking odds of that??? And she said there are even more Amherst folk on the team, too!

That's what else. There WERE about 50 of us. We OWNED the stadium. I have never seen so many people on one team. It was definitely a lot more competitive than Lunadisc, but I assumed that from the start.

After throwing around, we broke into teams to scrimmage. At this point, I felt like I had bowling balls in my calves, which, if I jumped for the disc, held me flat down on the ground. Blisters were inevitably forming in my new cleats, my face was as red as a beet, and I was struggling to understand how to say certain terms in French.

Tomas helped me out a lot. I think he's some sort of captain, because he had a way of making his presence apparent. When I told him that I was studying here for the year, he said, "Oh, sweet!" Which is adorable, coming from a French person.

Anyway, we finished when the stadium lights turned off, which was at about 11:00. Oh! And I made a completed pass! Which led to a score! I called "poached" at the Australian guy when my girl wasn't marking me (do you know how hot an Australian accent is in French? I'm pretty sure it's a universally hot accent).

I left with this kid Vin (Vain? All I know is it's that horrible EUGHN sound that them French people make) and a couple others to walk to the RER station. When I switched trains, I ravenously took out my sandwich and chugged down both bottles of water. I can't believe that I hadn't eaten since noon! That's friggin CRAZY.

And now, I have dinner waiting on the stove, a bath that's calling my name as loud as the dickens, and I'm so afraid to get up for fear that my legs will just SEIZE. I nearly cried in pain while going down the stairs to the metro. I heard the horrible ring of the train about to leave, and I jumped on just before the doors closed. I must have looked such a mess, but it felt SO good to sit down. The two blocks from my metro station were pure torture. I'm glad I didn't decide to take the metro stop further from the apartment.

OH! I figured out what was wrong with my computer charger!!! It was the converter!! I never NEEDED the converter! I just needed the adapter, but I didn't know that my plug fit in it! YAHOOOOOOO ENDLESS COMPUTER PARTY TIME!!!!

So I'll be up for at least the next hour for shower, dinner, and homework, in that order. Bonne nuit, mes amis!


P.S. A monsieur G.T. Meliado has yet to make his presence on this blog. He should get on it ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. Testing Testing
    Is this internet working?

    Bonjour Jama,

    I loved the photos from your earlier entry. They were magnifique

    It’s great to hear that you are experiencing so many things. It is amazing how much you have done in such a short time. Bless your stamina.

    Well here you have it ... GT Meliado has made it to the comment section

    It is rather late here and I must finish some emails before sleepy time.

    Love you mucho and hope I catch you on Skype later

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great time at practice! You'll feel the pain even more today & tomorrow...but it is a good pain. No pain, No gain...("groan,groan")

    When is the next practice?

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete