Thursday, September 11, 2008

Damn! I closed my window at just the right time!

I left my room to get my clothes from the dryer, talked to Elise for a little bit, and came back to my room. I looked out the window, and it was dark. I figured it was just because it was nighttime, but the second I closed my window and drapes, I heard rain falling! Which is good, because it's been hella hot here. Hopefully, that'll cool it off some.

I woke up this morning with just enough time to get to school on time. Classes were good. Then, Hannah, Rachel, Abby, and I tried this place called "Wokbar". It was super classy, in the fast food kind of way. They had Thai food, Italian food, and Vegetarian food. I got penne with pesto. Delicieux!

We ate in the jardin du Luxembourg, and then hauled ass out of there to make it on time to a mosque in the 5ème arrondissement, where we met up with the rest of our Smithies. We had a tour guide explain that it was made in the 1920's with over 400 artists and architects. There were fountains in the garden and beautiful mosaics made by hand. I'll put up pictures tonight.

We stopped at a tea place nearby. We had minty honey tea, and it was scrumptiously delicious. I got some baklava, which was really really good too. I wound up getting pretty sticky, though. Ew.

Afterward, we walked to the Sorbonne. It is super-old and really pretty. I'm excited to start classes there. After that, we walked near the bridge over to Ile de la Cité, and we were going to stop at a restaurant. Abby and I peaced out because we were beat and were not hungry. I came home, said hi to our housekeeper, and slept until just a little while ago.



Now, I'm watching Duck Soup and waiting for dinner. My host mom has parent-teacher conferences again for her students, so she won't be home until really late. But she made a quiche lorraine last night, so we'll heat that up and eat it tonight with some salad and hopefully some Couronnier cheese. It's my favorite so far!

I think I'm going to bang out my homework before dinner. For real this time. A plus tard!

No comments:

Post a Comment