Saturday, September 13, 2008

I am lazy, so you get a picture post!

I've got pictures of the mosque and Sorbonne from Thursday, and pictures from yesterday. I tagged along with Zoe and Rebecca to this museum/garden/menagerie. They were just zipping through things, and I think they got impatient when I took about 100 pictures of the gorgeous gardens.

Last night, Abby, Hannah, Rachel, and I went to see "A bout de souffle" at the Entrepot theatre. It was really neat and a super French experience. It was very satisfying.

Less satisfying was our running around afterward trying to find a cafe. We didn't know what time the metro closed on Fridays, so we parted ways soon after.

Also, the Pope is in town, so traffic and transportation has been crazy. I considered going to see him speak, but I wasn't really interested. Especially with all of the foules (crowds) and crazyness.


Without further ado, pictures!!


These are from the mosquée:



The library










The Sorbonne courtyard. They're doing renovations until 2010, but it's still an astounding building.



And here are the pictures from the garden:




















Giant geode from Brazil!


Okay, I am going to take a nap and then see what exciting things I can do today. This morning, my host mom took me to market (like a farmer's market) to buy fruits and vegetables. There was even an indoors market for cheese, cream, and meat. The butchery was crazy. I've never seen so much meat in my life. There was a little patisserie with little cookies and cakes decorated with sparkles of gold. It was really neat.

AND we bought avocados. She cut them up and added lemon juice and tomatoes to eat with lunch. Mmmm.

Also, there's a seperate store for frozen goods. It's all frozen! It's really neat.

A plus, mes amis!

2 comments:

  1. Why does Paris have a geode from Brazil? That's crazy and HUGE.

    You are quite the photographer! I love the pictures, especially the artsy ones of flowers.

    Where have you been? Correct answer: NOT online at the same time as me. I hope this means that you are appropriately livin' it up... 'cause if not, I'm super pissed that we haven't talked more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Miriam's comment!!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete