Monday, September 22, 2008

News brief!

- I went to find a ukulele or a guitar today. I had no luck in finding one within my price range, but my host dad is going to recommend a place for me tomorrow when he passes by music stores looking for something for Elise's cello.

- There really is no ABCDEFG in the music here! I asked the music store guy how a ukulele was tuned, and he said it in doremifasollatido speak. They don't assign letters to notes; only do-re-mi's!

- I COMPLETELY forgot about frisbee practice today until my host mom was serving dinner and told me to eat up because I'd be playing sport tonight. Oh lordy.

- Indoor was AWESOME. There were 8 of us, half-American, half-French. The old dude leading it, Emery, was super-cool and very taken with me. At the end of practice, he told me that I was a lot of fun to play with and he enjoyed having me. I met a kid named Jeff who goes to GWU and came to France to see his French lover, a kid named Brilleu? who is a lawyer, and I saw my Irish boy again WHO TOLD ME THAT THERE IS A UKULELE NIGHT AT A PUB SOMEWHERE!!! I think I am in love.

- My BLISTERS have blisters.

- I am so glad I found frisbee here.

REMINDER tomorrow the RER B may be closed because of strikes, so I have to find a new way to go to practice! It's the 3-hour practice which is sure to kick my ass, and my host mom bought me a sandwich in preparation for it. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment