Thursday, October 2, 2008

Owwww heels are always a bad idea!

I hope that I'm wearing them in, though. Maybe they'll get better?

I'm kind of doubting it. I even stealthily wore socks under my stockings, since I knew I was going to be dying. It hurt anyway.

Today, my Phonetics class was cancelled. I found this out when I woke up, turned on my computer, checked my e-mail, and promptly pondered whether or not I should go back to sleep. I did not, but I spent about 5 hours doing the following:
- shower
- www.mixwit.com/jmeliado (I'm kind of in love with making mixed tapes now)
- breakfast of Corn Flakes
- writing out lots of letters and postcards!

I got an e-mail from our associate director saying that I had to give her more identification photos for my carte de séjour, so I finally got my butt in gear and left for Reid Hall. I gave in my photos and a receipt from the Louvre (so I could be reimbursed for the ticket to get in), printed out the forms that I need to register for the frisbee team, and finished up my letters so I could send them off.

For some reason, my legs felt like they were seizing today. I tried to walk it out, but it was really annoying. I hope that my endurance for the crazy running we do at frisbee practice starts improving so I'm not dying after every practice.

Anyway, I walked around for a really long while, hoping it would help my legs. I got back home, and our maid was doing the ironing. She is really sweet. Later, we had a dinner of penne (with parmesan, onions, and cream), bread and cheese (Camembert, Conté, and Chèvre), and grapes and apples for dessert. So good!

Afterward, I got a random Skype message from Alix, asking if I wanted to go to Bar Dix. I thought that there would be more of us coming, but it turned out that it was just the two of us, and we both wound up showing up at the same time, twenty minutes after we said we'd meet up. After an evening of hilarity, including never finding Bar Dix, getting not-so-hopelessly lost, pretending we were deaf, getting hit on anyway, meeting up with Rachel, me calling the wrong Rachel 6 times, getting up to Gare de Nord to meet up with Alix's friend, checking him into his hostel, giving up on finding street waffles...

Anyway, here I am, with sore feet, wide eyes, and complete unwillingness to wake up in 8 hours to get to class for 9:30. Boo. We'll see. I also might take a quick nap and wake up to see the Vice Presidential Debate. Whoo!

Also, you need to watch this:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1832128

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...I'm having leg problems too...so I can relate! they suck, don't they? What are legs for anyway? Bah! Walking is lame. I say we should all just swim everywhere. :D

    I may watch the VP debates too! So, perhaps we can discuss later. (Although, I'm kinda excited about making fun of Palin) hehehehehe

    ~Shanna

    ReplyDelete