Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fête de HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

WHOOOO alright here's the news: my host dad just left, which means I officially have the house to myself until Sunday night!!!!!! HUZZAHH!!!!!!

As any normal 20-year old in a foreign land with an apartment to herself, I have decided to throw a party. There's 10 of us in all, all Smithies (including one from Geneva that I haven't seen since last year, who decided to visit Paris! Yay!), and I've got the menu all set. You ready for it?

Apératif:
- white wine
- apple juice
- guacamole (I'M MAKING IT) and chips
- tomato and mozzarella

Diner:
- The Christines are making some sort of Halloween punch
- salade with tomates, concombres, and mozzarella
- rice
- ratatouille
- lemon chicken (I just woke up from a dream in which I made this. It tasted delicious.)

Dessert:
- Mom's recipe for chocolate toffee crunch bars (I'm substituting re-baked Madeleine cookies for Nilla wafers, since there's no way that they exist here. Though I just got A BRILLIANT IDEA to use Oreos. So good or no good?)
- Pears and hot chocolate sauce
- Apple clafoutis (like a pie, but BETTER. More custard-y)

HOW GOOD? SO GOOD.


I need to find a cowboy hat, though. I'm also going to start making some decorations to hang, but not many, since I don't want to take over the house. I thought maybe balloons? That might make it just Halloweeny enough without having to put things on the walls, but I don't know how I'd pop them afterward. I guess I could just do it during the day, but I'm sure they have noise ordinances in Paris.

ANYWAY. It's going to be awesome. We're doing it tomorrow. My plan is to make the desserts today, and maybe the guacamole. Also, I have to call Restos du Coeur back for real today. It's good that I'm in Just Do It mode, or I might not have even called them back today. It's been awhile. I really do not speaking French on the phone.

Alright, I'm on it! Can do it! WHOO!

OH and the international frisbee championship, hosted by PARIS of all places, is THIS WEEKEND. Therefore, another Halloween party on Saturday! Ahhh best weekend EVERRR.

2 comments:

  1. Humm...watch out for that crystal vase and that persian rug and that...ok, you know what i mean, lol...
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie,
    Hope you didn't leave any evidence of that party. You'll be living on the street of Paris. I can't wait until you come home at xmas so you can tell me about the sites. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time in Paris.
    Love ya
    Chuchie

    ReplyDelete