Monday, October 27, 2008

It's been awhile

I had a crazy weekend. We went to Normandie for the weekend, and it was pretty hectic.

Some highlights:
- Seeing the American Cemetary
- Playing with François, our assistant director's 9 year old son
- The 360 screen encircling movie about D Day (like the Canada movie in Disney World!)
- Drinking so much cider
- Walking up to the beaches
- Wearing my white coat
- Playing on the bus and re-enacting movies
- SO MANY AMERICANS
- Halloween decorations at the cider/crêpe restaurant we went to
- Finding my future home in a cozy shack by the sea
- Talking to Abby
- Learning that Best Westerns in France are the classiest thing ever. No joke.
- Eating dinner at the hotel (duck, mashed potatoes, soup, and chocolate mousse)
- After a little too much cider, hearing Alix say aloud, "Comment dit-on 'worst case scenario', Peebs?"
- Dinner when I got home to my host family, to curry chicken, rice, cheese, and pineapple from Nigeria!


In other news, I had a test today, and I may not have failed. I forget that my ADD kicks in during tests in general, but even worse when I haven't slept long enough.

Speaking of which, I think I'm about to get on that now. I'll post pictures soon, seeing as I took approximately 500.

Oh, also we changed our clocks! 3 days ago at this time, it would've been 12:20 a.m. *is tired*

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
    What is Normandy like? I think that both your grandfathers were there at one time or another during WWII.

    What does "Comment dit-on 'worst case scenario', Peebs?" mean???

    Now you're only 5 hrs. ahead of us. We don't change until Sun.am.

    Talk to you soon.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make this your new favorite website:
    www.freetranslation.com

    It'll help with all of the little simple phrases I write here, though the sense gets a little jumbled. In any case, you should get on re-learning French for April. Hehe.

    "Comment dit-on" means "How do you say?" She was asking how you'd say "worst case scenario". The hilarious part was that she used our sometimes not-so-affectionate nickname Peebs for our director (his initials are P.B.; alas: PeeBee, and thus Peebs).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like awesometimes.

    Also: duck. Did you like it?

    Aren't you the one that had never had it?

    Or do you eat it every day in France?

    And why do I want some now?

    ReplyDelete