Thursday, October 16, 2008

Do you know what they call a "Big Mac" in France?

A Royal Cheese. That's right! Not even "Royal with Cheese". Dirty lies, Tarantino.

So I finally got my McFlurry ("Mack-fleur-rie", which I had guessed right!)
I am a little more content.

Things about my presentation on Wednesday I am freaking out about, so that I can get them out of my system and put them in the Box of Uncontrollables:
- I've never taken an Art History class before
- I don't know any of the vocabulary in English, let alone in French
- The painting I have to talk about on Wednesday is not in Paris, so I can't even see it
- I've never seen how an oral presentation works in French
- I have to present on the first day of presentations
- I really only have this weekend and Tuesday to work on it

Things that won't be so bad:
- That means I have about a collective 40 hours to work with
- I can see another work of Révoil's at the Louvre and talk about it
- I saw the look of terror on my teacher's face when he volunteered me to go first since there were no other options, and he heard my accent and realized I wasn't French
- I'll get it over with so I don't have to worry about it later


Famous list of things I need to do and when to do them:

Friday:
11:00: Leave to meet up with Rachel for Trevor's sound test
2:00: Spanish class forever and ever
5:00: Go to Bibli Nationale if it's still open. Otherwise, do more internet research

Saturday:
- Outline presentation
- Go to Louvre
4:00: Make chocolate tarte for party
5:30: Leave for party
- Finish outlining presentation

Sunday:
- Don't dare go out, except to research



CAN DO IT. NEED TO GET THINGS TOGETHER.

Also, have other homework. Should do that sometime.

2 comments:

  1. You are so organized!..Enjoy the party (wish I could take the choc. tart) and forget about homework for a few hours.

    With or without an American accent, I'm sure you'll do great on your presentation.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I meant TASTE not TAKE!!

    ReplyDelete