Saturday, October 4, 2008

*ahem*

Dear Paris,

Nuit Blanche was a bust and a half. We tried the Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, and a train station where there was supposed to be a Bollywood show. We waited until midnight. No fun.

Instead we wound up splitting off (after seeing boys from Reid at the train station!), going to Montparnasse for 1 a.m. pizza and waffles, sitting and talking for a half hour, and going home.

Not the night I expected, nor the night I wanted. It was okay nonetheless, and I'm as always thankful for the friends that I have here. It's hard to think of what it would've been like if I didn't have anyone with whom to laugh at the situation.

It was a nice night anyway, with the weird gay boys in that metro, and the Penn guys that we met, and the street food, and the waiting in Reid Hall for like 3 hours, and tomatoes and prosciutto for dinner in the jardin du Luxembourg.

Maybe next time, we'll read the website more closely. Thanks for harvesting a little bit of amusing times, anyway.

Love,
Jamie


P.S. ABBY MCINTYRE, WHERE WERE YOU? And did you have more fun than me? You should tell me about it.

6 comments:

  1. Haha...reading this at 2:30 a.m. and thought I should let you know that I'm here! lol. Um...we had fun. Found this cute, tiny resto in the Marais where we will soon become regulars (it's determined) and then went to the Centre Pompidou (the museum was open until 1 a.m.)

    P.S. I told you the Musee D'Orsay wasn't open...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Was I listening?

    Also, I completely forgot about Pompidou. That was the one I was most excited about, and we didn't even make it there. Was it a pile of amazingness?

    You should take me to this resto in the Marais. We should maybe do lunch this week or something.

    I miss hanging out with you! We should do that soon, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also: if you ever wake up before 10am.

    I swear I am soooo nocturnal right now. We could chat it up before your classity classes sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie. Don't hesitate, if you have the possibility of coarse, to visit other towns. The south of France is very beautiful and fun. Lille is also a nice town to visit, + lots of concerts and raves too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Claude! That sounds great! I have to check out my options with the RER, since Navigo lets you go anywhere on the RER on weekends outside of Paris for free.

    Also, we have a class trip to Mont-Saint-Michel in a couple weekends. It's hard since classes have just started, and I'm still getting to know Paris.

    Are you located in the south now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, i live in the east, in a small town near Luxembourg called Thionville. You might want to check out Strasbourg too! I lived there in the eighties. The town is famous for it's beautiful cathedral and typical architecture, (...and delicious "choucroute")!

    ReplyDelete