Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Once again...

It's been awhile again since I've posted. Sorry, faithful readers! This week has been finals week, though I really only had one final on Monday, and my last assignment is an essay that I thought was due this Friday, but it's really due next Friday! Whoo! I've already finished my art history final (a 4-hour dissertation. Eep.) and my history final (2-hour dissertation). I just have to do some interviews for my essay, since it's in my class about volunteering in France.

Aside from that, I've been slacking a lot on sending things in the mail, but it'll come! I've also been trying to benefit from the sales, since all of Paris goes on sale during the month of January. It hasn't been easy, since my tastes are sort of particular and my body is also sort of particular, as is my bank account. I haven't made any purchases yet, but I hope to go shopping tomorrow after a friend's birthday lunch.

I thought that since I didn't have much to do this week, I would be so productive. I was so wrong! I've been sleeping more and doing neat things that I wouldn't have done otherwise.

INCLUDING!!! I was interviewed for a radio show this morning!!! My friend Hannah was interviewed by a woman last night after watching Obama's inauguration on TV inside "Breakfast in America", and the interviewer invited her to the radio station this morning. I decided to accompany her there, and they wound up interviewing me, too!
http://studioecoledefrance.com/podcast.php?select=mercredi
(Click on the plus sign next to 10h00-10h30 to listen to our interview! It starts sort of in the middle, so you can drag it there to get more of a gist of our conversation)

SO EXCITING! And then, I've been seeing movies, going to outdoor frisbee practice, meeting new people, celebrating the depart of the old president and welcoming the new, going window shopping, seeing friends, volunteering for the first time at the distribution of meals with my soup kitchen, and other things that have been time well spent.

On that note, I'm going to make a list of things that I have to do soonish!

Tomorrow:
- 10:00 - Buy gift for friend with birthday
- Lunch
- Mail things!


Friday:
- Do interview at LaChorba
- Make soup
- Partytiiime

Other things:
- Buy boots and things
- Read Hamlet for theatre course
- Figure out song and dance routine options for next frisbee tournament
- See Sacré-Coeur

OKAY. I'm going to start reading Hamlet! Whoo!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! CHOUETTE! Tu etais excellente sur la radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T'es trop intelligente! T'as tres bien parlee pour les Americains!

    The French people totally didn't understand your feminist critiques of their question regarding Michelle Obama...lolz. Oh les Francais...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK AT YOU BEING ALL AMERICAN IN FRENCH! you are so cool and I'm totally jealous. way to go!

    ReplyDelete