Monday, March 26, 2012

Thoughts from places

(title stolen shamelessly from John Green)

Every time I try to write a blog entry, I always feel like I need to make it some big, moving, completely recapitulative project, but then I just wind up listing things in my life that are going well. I think that's okay, too.

So, for anyone who knows me, I generally multi-task EVERYTHING. The other reason why it takes me so long to write blog entries is because I start one, but then I have a million other things going on in other windows, and I get lost in them for awhile. Right now, I've got pandora, youtube, my bank account, and my Excel spreadsheet of my budget until I leave.

I think this multi-tasking is also a pretty good representation of how I deal with things in my life, too. Namely, I have so many things going on that some of those things might not be super pleasant things, but with all of the Things, there are bound to be good things, too! Right now, I just found out that France finally reimbursed me for my bloodwork in January, and although it's a bit less than I thought it would be, it's currently taking my bank account out of the negative numbers, for which I'm grateful.

We're getting down to the wire in terms of finishing up this year, and although I update my French budget nearly daily, counting down the euros until I'm gone, it still hasn't quite set in that I'll be leaving France in a month and a half. I've actually already had my last class with some of my students, since they're leaving for their internships soon, but I didn't even say a proper goodbye, promising that I would try to see them before I officially leave (my contract ends in April, but I'll be sticking around until May 16th).

I think it's also the same philosophy that I had the first time around when I was leaving France, reinforced by my frisbee team in Paris: "On se dit pas "adieu"; c'est "à plus tard"!"

We won't say goodbye; just see you later! That's definitely been my outlook on things for awhile now. With all the places life has taken me so far, I won't let myself believe that this will be the last time I'll be seeing these places, these people. I always need to believe that I'll be back because it would be too heart-breaking otherwise... which is why I know that I've got to make it back one day!

In other random good news (since I'm checking out my other windows), looks like I'll be getting some money to help me along with my rent while I'm finishing out my year here! I'm either super lucky or things just really do always work out for the best.

1 comment:

  1. yay I'm glad you finally got reimbursed for bloodwork and that it looks like you're gonna get CAF. You're lucky, France seems to like you.. since I still havent been reimbursed for transportation. And yes we will definitely have to come back and visit our towns here in France one day!

    ReplyDelete