Sunday, March 22, 2009

I added this to my "to-do list", so I guess that means it's been awhile since my last update.

Also, that it's becoming a chore to write in here. Maybe it's because I'm out actually living my Parisian life as I should? A voir.

Today, I played catch with Trevor in the park under the Eiffel Tower. My other friends didn't show, since it was grey and moche (ugly) outside, but the instant that we stepped foot into the park, the sun shone strong. It really felt like spring.

Trev and I were the spectacle of the Champ de Mars. Everyone stopped to look at us. Little kids literally smiled ear to ear with excitement watching us throw our frisbee back and forth.

Afterward, we went to the Cimetiere du Montparnasse, that, although I have classes a mere .5 kilometers away (pure estimation), I had never visited. We saw Poincaré the mathemetician's grave, with someone's math-y note that they left on it. We saw Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre's combined tombstone, with lots of metro tickets on top of it (curious), stones holding them down.

I made a whole list of things I need to see before the end of the year. This is it:
- Cimetiere du Montparnasse
- Pere Lachaise
- Maison de Victor Hugo
- Musée de l'Orangerie
- Les Catacombes
- Musée Picasso
- Musée d'art moderne
- Musée Rodin (ish)
- Musée Zadkine (free, by Reid Hall)
- Musée National du Moyen Age (avec la tapisserie du licorne)
- Place des Vosges
- Sunday organ recital at Notre Dame, 4:30

3 comments:

  1. Sunday organ recital at Notre Dame?!! I wanna go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE, I was in Cimetiere Montparnasse for a bit today too!

    Nous avons bcp de meme choses a faire sur nos listes...donc, il faut les faire ensemble!

    But at the moment I am mad busy with ma mere...and writing my paper that's due Tuesday morning. Mais c'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. math notes and metro tickets on a grave, c'est tres curious!!


    Eiffel tower dinner

    ReplyDelete