Saturday, March 14, 2009

7

I've gotten over the fact that I don't have a job. I'm going to apply to some, but I might just really like to stay home this summer. I know that it's the summer before senior year and everything. I don't know. It would actually be good for me to get out of the house, so I could get another job as a waitress to make back some money.

I guess I'm glad that I've got all this crap going on while I'm in Paris. If I were at Smith right now, I'd be driving down to Georgia with the frisbee team. As much AMAZING as spring break in Savannah is, I don't think I'd genuinely be able to appreciate it.

In other news, Abby and I went to see Le Roi Lion, and it was awesome. It was such an engrossing theatrical experience. However, there were even some parts where I remembered that it was Disney and kind of felt guilty for liking it so much. The parts I appreciated most were the puppets. Julie Taymor is my idol. There were huge elephants, real-looking giraffes, masks on every lion while not distracting from the actors' faces, Chinese shadow puppetry.. it was SO cool!

School is easing up. I'm not concerned about grades in the slightest, which is helpful.

Anyway! I'm off to work in the library, have some breakfast, get dressed, and get some Thai food for dinner! Whoooooo!

1 comment: