Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Directive?

My interview went alright. I found out that they usually do group interviews, and I felt awkward having a one-on-one interview with just one of the directors. We still did the awkward group question and answer session, but since there were only two of us, we both felt kind of silly introducing ourselves.

When I get nervous, I just say EVERYTHING that I want to say in one big blast. I wound up saying everything that I wanted to say, I think, but I can't reflect on what went down to be able to critique my performance. Hopefully, my smile, eye contact, and general charm have kept me in the running. The interviewer seems like a sweet girl, but I don't know if it's just out of necessity or if she really thinks I've got a shot at the program.

In any case! I'll know by Tuesday! And then, it's off to apply to the Bronx Zoo or something. I really hope I get into this program though. It just sucks that the other groups in the program who offered me interviews NEVER got back to me once I e-mailed them to set it up.

Other news: I'm still feeling productive, even without having gotten much done. I've got things organized, I'm seeing friends, and I even picked up "Fried Green Tomatoes" from the Smith library to read once I'm done with my required readings for class. I've been going to sleep earlier than usual, which has been wonderful.

Now I'm off to find if I can find more than 10 synonyms for the verb "to say". Bonne soirée à tous!

1 comment: