Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A whole week with no update! Wowza!

Mmm. I just made myself a nice bowl (yes, bowl) of hot chocolate. I had a long week with my friend in from the States, so I feel like I've lost a week from doing nothing. It kind of sucks that last week was my week off, but I don't feel any more relaxed than if I had had school that whole week, since I was running around showing her Paris. However, I did get to do things that I hadn't done yet, like climb the Arc de Triomphe and ride on a Bateau-Mouche along the Seine.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited to be crazy-productive. I've been the worst student ever lately, and if I don't want to fail out of this program, I need to get my act together.

I'm totally ready. Also, I have to start planning more than one day at a time so I can finally see some of Europe. I can't wait to get my education under control so I can start really having fun.

Though I did have some goodtimes this past week. I got to see Vampire Weekend, which was AWESOME. I still want to see "W" sometime, since it looks to be an interesting film. I'm really excited for the European film festival this weekend, too! I'm going to check out what's on the schedule. I've wanted to see "Home" since I saw the ad for it before "Coluche: L'histoire d'un mec". It's about a family that lives on an abandoned highway, until someone decides to pave the road over and make it new. It looks like it could be dumb, but I think it's a cute premise. Also, I'm really excited to go to the MK2 cinéma by the Bibliothèque Nationale. It's such a neat theater! I know that it's huge, but I think it's neat that as huge as it is, it's never full. Plus, they have those cuddle chairs. Such a good cinema.

Agenda for today:
2:00: Research Sylvia Beach for Methodology paper
3:00: Write letter to history teacher
3:30: Study history
6:00: Read about Obama in French newspapers for History presentation

I'm going to start reading my history notes every night. I've never been good at studying before I feel like I need to. I think that this goes hand in hand with my belief that it only takes me a half hour to get anywhere; I feel like I can cheat the system if only I think it hard enough. I've been proven wrong enough times to change my ways. This includes leaving the apartment before 8:30 to get to frisbee practice on time.

Alright. Game time.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the new 007, "Quantum of Solace" action packed good! Have you had the chance to see the film "le père noel est une ordure"? Try to get the DVD if you can or ask your french friends to lend you the film if they have it themselves! If my memory is correct i believe the film was made in 1981 or 82. This film is a perfect example of good modern french humour! Je te le conseil vivement!
    Amicalement
    C.Bartlett
    ps: Your right about not forgeting work...
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Le père noel est une ordure, but I've never seen it! I'm sure I'll be able to find it somewhere.

    I still need to see Quantum of Solace (adorably pronounced "soe-LAYS in the ads). I wound up going to a European Film Festival this weekend at the MK2 at the BNF. It was super-neat!

    P.S. I've been working... just not succeeding so much. Working hard, or hardly working? I'm kind of doing BOTH. Eeeep.

    Thanks, Claude.

    ReplyDelete