Sunday, October 23, 2011

Picture Post!

Nearly all of the streets look like this. It is so hard for me not to walk down the street and sing Belle's song from Beauty and the Beast.


^ Not an American.


View from my hostel


Driving in the car with Sylvie on the way to Les Andelys to see the school for the first time


My cafe!


Classy.



At the school outside of the auto body repair building (it's a vocational school, too)




I took a lot of pictures of my apartment before I left two weeks later. I also put a lot of work into making it feel like home. =P










And the guitar that Sylvie is letting me borrow!



Chloe and I took a random trip out to Evreux! We passed this dog training set-up that's right next to the Mairie of Bouafles (- pronounced "Bwaffles). I crack up every time I pass the sign for the chateau de Bouafles (loosely translated by me as "Bwaffles House")



Another one lost in translation: "Never stop to dream". Pretty sure "Never stop dreaming" would be the more inspiring English phrase for a handbag.






I found the juxtaposition of the old town and the pop music from the radio that they were literally feeding into the streets pretty hilarious.



Bye! Thanks, Evreux!




1 comment:

  1. Ok. Several things...

    1. In the one picture on your wall in ur apartment with all of the cards...is that your child Ashik in the photo? =)

    2. I think you should sing Belle's song always.

    3. Truffles look AMAZING

    4. That's a pretty cool building with the hot air balloons on it.

    5. I miss you.

    6. I love you.

    Xoxo

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete