Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One day at a time.

When I first realized that this was unlike the other times that I've crashed, I started writing down what my days were like. In the beginning, it mostly consisted of, "Tried to do x; instead, wound up crawling back into bed, unable to move for two hours."

I managed to streamline my entries as time went by. Now, each day has a section for Sleep, Crashes, and Things I Did. It's gotten so that my "Crashes" section has started to have things like "NONE AT ALL Check me out!" and my "Things I Did" section has big things like "long-ish walk to campus to see a choir concert". I've also learned that I love to put the things that aren't big accomplishments but make me feel good that I was able to do them, like talking to Miriam in Brazil on the phone or making my bed (or showering!). Mainly, I like to make sure I put more focus on "Things I Did" than how often I crashed or how much sleep I got.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My main worry about all of this was finding someone to fill the lease on my apartment while I move back in with my parents in Jersey. Luckily, within 24 hours of posting my ad on craigslist, I got 17 responses. We met with three candidates, and funnily enough, the one we chose didn't find the ad on craigslist at all, and is one of Shanna's and my mutual friends! He seems like a perfect fit for the house, and I'm so grateful that he's able to fill the room.

Two things to do today:
1. Start packing (slowly, but surely)
2. Go see Ceilidh's thesis presentation! (if you'd like to come, it's in Seelye 207 at 4:30!)

Thank you to everyone who's posted comments and reads these posts. I'm thankful to have people in my life who care about me.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I'm so happy Sean fit the bill! whoo hoo! And I'm also so glad to hear how much better you're feeling. You certainly took me by surprise yesterday...playing scrabble and going to the library! YEAHHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing can be very strenuous. Take it easy. And idk if you're driving yourself home or what, but be careful of the ~weather~. It's crazy. The weather woman said this was the 7th snowstorm of the season. It's still January. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanna - Yeah, I'm so happy about hang out times AND that Sean worked out so well! He's a perfect fit for the house.

    Denise - I don't trust myself driving even a little bit, and I have a shit ton of shit, so my parents will be driving up in my dad's van, then presumably my mom will drive Jeremy back. Or maybe Ceilidh will, since she may or may not be coming home with us, as she's flying out of Newark, anyway.

    This snow is wack!

    ReplyDelete