Monday, May 18, 2009

I skipped frisbee to watch American series dubbed in French with my host family.

With less than two weeks left in Paris, I find myself in the gut-wrenching predicament of wanting to/NEEDING to do so many things before leaving the country, and yet cannot compel myself to do ANYTHING when under such pressure.

So as per usual, I guess I'll resort to making a whole nice list so I can better evaluate what I have to do and by when.

Attractions:
- Maison de Victor Hugo
- Musée de Rodin
- Musée de l'art moderne
- Monter la Tour Eiffel ?

Homework:
- Study for art final
- Write draft for benevolat paper
- Study for theatre final
- Study for atelier plume final
- Write Parisian memories
- Finish end-of-the-year song
- Find someone to sing it

Things to do:
- Haircut
- NafNaf
- Pack
- Close bank account
- Make recipe book for host mom
- Pay for frisbee maillots

Those are all reasonable things to do. If I bring myself to do half of those things by the end of this week, I'll be in good shape.

I still can't believe that I'll be leaving Europe for awhile. I can definitely picture myself living here for good. Not in Paris, but somewhere in Europe. I've found through my travels around France that I love other parts of France a lot more than I liked Paris. I can't wait to come back and explore.

I'm also pretty bummed about not having a summer job. I hope that something works out. Being a real live grownup with taxes and insurance and a real job hasn't really sunken in yet. I'm glad I have a year left of college to figure it out.

I might try to write a whole nice resume of my feelings and everything before I leave, but for the moment, I have to get to sleep so that I can wake up in the morning. I have a language assessment in the morning to see if I've really learned any French during my year here. On va croiser les doigts !

3 comments:

  1. Bonne chance! Tu vas continuer ton blog à ton retour aux states? One good way to keep up with your french is to watch tv shows or films...
    La tour Eiffel est un must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    We only have 2 weeks left. *Cries and cries and cries*
    Um, can I actually see you before we leave (as in, do something fun other than say salut/ca va at Reid and complain about la Quebecoise)?
    How are you studying for that exam, by the way?
    Also, I respect the decision to watched dubbed American stuff. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just speak french here n there, and u'll have no trouble with the test, try to think in french too. Thats how I improved my english!


    Mimi
    paris city tours

    ReplyDelete